Upgrade International 2010: Soft Borders
Upgrade International 2010: Soft Borders :: October 18-21, 2010 :: Sao Paulo, Brazil :: Call for Participation — Deadline: May 7, 2010.
We invite proposals of papers, posters and workshops for Soft Borders – the 4th Upgrade! International Conference & Festival on New Media Art, that will take place in Sao Paulo, Brazil, from Oct 18th to 21st.
All the information about submitting proposals and the event can be also found online at the conference official website.
A brief summary only is required for the selection process. This should be submitted electronically via the online submission system, by 30/April/2010. You will be asked to create an account with the system before uploading your summary.
We require a summary proposal of 500 words maximum. The title, authors’ name, affiliation and contact details including email address must be provided as well. You don’t need to upload the full paper now. The selected works must upload the full paper file after the notification of acceptance.
In case of problems, please email program-chair [at] softborders.art.br.
Soft Borders embraces a wide variety of topics, cross-disciplinary approaches and presentations of cutting edge technologies. Within the overall theme of soft borders, the subject areas may include but are not limited to the concepts and practice of:
- Body / Machine
- Reality / Thought
- Collaborative Actions
- Displacements: global & local transactions
- Nomadic spaces
- Ways of interaction and Interfaces
- Digital Narratives
- Art & Code
- Visualising ideas and concepts
- Digital performance
- Immersive environments
- Web 2.0 technologies in art and culture
- Sound, music, film and animation
- Technologies of digitisation, 2D and 3D imaging
- Virtual and augmented worlds
- Case studies may be accepted, provided that they include discussions of wider principles or applications using the case study as an example.
Papers / posters / workshops are peer refereed and may be edited. Publication is in hard copy as conference preprints and also online. Full papers are up 2.000 words in length and may include images. Publication is not essential: if you do not wish to submit a paper for publication we can publish an abstract.
Acceptance and deadlines
- The deadline for submitting abstract is 30 April 2010.
- We aim to send notifications of acceptance of proposals by 19 July 2010.
- The deadline for uploading full papers of the accepted proposals will be 19 August 2010.
There is no registration fee for the accepted speakers. However, each presenter must cover his/her costs for participating of the conference.
Sponsorship and demonstrations
There are also attractive opportunities for organisations to support an aspect of the conference such as the publication or a reception or coffee breaks, or conference materials.
Please contact sponsorship [at] softborders.art.br if you are interested in sponsor the event in some way.